LIMITED WARRANTY (UK)
WWW.THELEDSTORE.CO (“THE LED STORE”)
This document sets forth the warranty policy of the www.theledstore.co or the authorised reseller (Seller) organisation from which you (‘Purchaser’) purchase LED Lighting Products.
This policy is applicable only to those products supplied and/or branded luminaires / lighting products (‘Products’) purchased within Europe.
This warranty policy only applies if referred to in a sales agreement between www.theledstore.co/Authorised reseller/purchaser and it will replace the standard warranty clause provided in the general terms and conditions of sale. This is not a contract between The LED Store & the‘end-user’, installer or other.
What does this limited warranty cover?
This Limited Warranty applies to The LED Store Lighting products, purchased from www.theledstore.co directly or an authorised reseller, by the original purchaser for normal use. www.theledstore.co warrants that a covered product is free from defects in materials, workmanship or proper operating parameters, with the exceptions stated below. The foregoing warranty shall be valid for the period mentioned in the applicable warranty policy for Products as referenced to in your sales agreement, and will commence on the day of invoice.
· If any Product covered has failed in excess of the failure rate projected by life expectancy when the products are operated correctly and in accordance with the guidelines outlined in technical guides, www.theledstore.co will under this warranty, provided that the product is returned by purchaser is within the applicable warranty period set forth in the warranty policy and upon examination hence to determine to its satisfaction that such Product failed to satisfy this warranty,at its option, repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof, or closest match. For purposes of clarity, ‘repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof’ does not include any removal or re-installation activities, costs or expenses, including without limitation, labour costs or expenses. (economic life for failed Products in excess of the failure rate projected by life expectancy curves when the products are operated correctly and in accordance with the guidelines outlined in product technical guides – based on 5000hours/year of operation)
· No agent, distributor or dealer is authorised to change, modify or extend the terms of the limited warranty on behalf of www.theledstore.co in any matter.
How long does limited warranty coverage last?
This limited warranty lasts for a period of 12, 24, 36, from the date of invoice (unless stated otherwise - based on 5000hrs/year of operation). In the case of 60 month warranties, installations must be registered within 90-days of installation with a detailed description of:
1. details of the installed products; for system warranties also details of other components used, and installation site details including description, address, operations and expected annual use;
2. installation date and invoice date;
3. distributor name, address, contact details;
4. Installers NICEIC registration or local equivalent certifying competence of installation in line with local market regulations.
Only if the installation is registered within 90 days of installation, will goods be considered under extended 60-month warranties.
A valid proof of purchase may be required to prove eligibility. If you do not have a valid proof of purchase, the limited warranty period will be measured from the date of sale from the authorised distributor.
What does this limited warranty NOT cover?
· The limited warranty does not cover incidents where product/installation has undergone unauthorised use, misuse, accident, modification or alteration to hardware or software, tampering, unsuitable physical or operating environment beyond product specifications, improper maintenance, or failure caused by a product for which www.theledstore.co is not responsible. There is no warranty for loss of business. There is no warranty for product with removed or altered identification labels. The LED Store is not responsible for returning the original return product to you, which is not covered by this limited warranty.
· Where goods have been used beyond a normal usage policy of 5000hrs/year, unless otherwise agreed prior in writing.
· This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Acts of God or from any abuse, misuse, abnormal use or use in violation of any applicable standard, code or instructions for use including without limitation those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the relevant region(s).
· This warranty shall be void in the event any repairs or alterations, not duly authorised by www.theledstore.co in writing, are made to the Product by any person. www.theledstore.co reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
What must you do?
If you are having trouble with a product, before seeking limited warranty service, first follow the troubleshooting procedures that www.theledstore.co or your reseller provides.
To obtain limited warranty service, you must first obtain a ‘Return Materials Authorisation’ and ship-to address by contacting your www.theledstore.co directly (email@example.com) or the authorised reseller at and following the guidelines as set out in this policy:
· All warranty periods mentioned are subjected to a www.theledstore.co representative having access to the failed product or system for verification of non-compliance. Guarantee claims have to be reported and returned to the place of purchase within 30 days after discovery, specifying at least the following information (additional info may be required on request):
5. details of the failed Products; for System warranties also details of other components used;
6. installation date and invoice date;
7. detailed problem description, number and % of failures, date-code of failure;
8. application, hours burned and switching cycles;
9. Where a warranty claim is justified, the Purchaser will pay for return freight expenses. www.theledstore.co may charge Customers for returned Products that are not found to be defective or non conforming together with the freight, testing and handling costs associated therewith.
The Purchased is liable for the return of the covered product using approved packaging to our logistics centre, which be provided once submitting a returns request. For warranty service or repair, the purchaser shall prepay all shipping charges to www.theledstore.co / authorised reseller. The seller will assume shipping charges to return the repaired or replaced item to the Purchaser, however, the Purchaser shall pay all duties and taxes for products returned from a country other than that of the United Kingdom.
On return, the non-conforming or defective Products shall become www.theledstore.co property as soon as they have been replaced.
What will www.theledstore.co / Authorised Reseller do?
The LED Store, at its option will repair or replace the Product which proves to be defective or out of specification, with a functionally equivalent replacement product, transportation prepaid. This warranty is granted by www.theledstore.co only to the original purchaser or first end-user of such products. www.theledstore.co may replace your product with a product that was previously used, repaired and tested to meet www.theledstore.co specifications. You are responsible for any importation fees, taxes & duties of the replaced product, if applicable. www.theledstore.co will not return the original product; therefore the Purchaser is responsible for removing any such media. www.theledstore.co warrants that the replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original product warranty or 90 days, whichever is greater.
How is our liability limited?
This warranty is conditional upon installation, maintenance and operation in accordance with www.theledstore.co’s instructions and specifications set forth in the purchase order or contract at the time of order and in accordance with the regions standards.
Damage by misuse or abnormal conditions of storage, installation, maintenance or operation, including, but not limited to, excessive temperatures or evidence of partial or complete disassembly beyond normal maintenance or expansion procedure void this warranty in its entirety. The conditions of any tests performed concerning any Product claimed to be defective in accordance with the terms of this warranty shall be mutually agreed.
www.theledstore.co cannot be held liable for electrical supply conditions, including supply spikes, over-voltage/under-voltage and Ripple Current control systems that are beyond the specified limits of the products and those defined by relevant supply standards (e.g. EN 50160 norms). Warranty claims for unregulated voltage outside of 230-240V norms will be rejected.
With respect to products sold to the Purchaser by www.theledstore.co but not bearing The LED Store/specified brand name or sub-brands, www.theledstore.co makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose, but will make available to the Purchaser upon request, but only to the extent permitted by law and relevant contracts, the warranties of the manufacturer of the relevant product.
Upon request, www.theledstore.co and/or authorised representatives have to be allowed to access the defective Product system or application for verification of non-compliance www.theledstore.co and its affiliates suppliers, distributors and resellers will not be under any circumstance, whether as a result of breach of contract, warranty tort or otherwise, be liable for any costs or damages, including lost profits or revenues, incidental, special or consequential damages.
WWW.THELEDSTORE.CO DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR ANY SPECIFIC OR PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS MADE OR IS TO BE IMPLIED. NO OTHER WARRANTY APPLIES.